In these difficult times, we want you to know that you don’t have to do this alone. Please reach out using these resources:
Navigating the Holidays
Get tips for how to cope with the holiday season during COVID-19:
- Mental health tips to navigate the holidays
- Learn about Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Tips for Safely Celebrating
- The Mental Health Association of Essex and Morris has COVID-19 resources available, including:
- CARES and Prevention is Key are holding virtual meetings daily, ranging from support groups to family craft sessions. View the full schedule on the CARES Facebook page.
- NewBridge’s Coping with COVID-19 guide features tips on staying connected. Also, check out their short guided meditation to help cope with stress.
- NAMI NJ has a guide to getting immediate help, as well as webinars on COVID-19-related topics.
- Morris & Sussex ResourceNet provides a wide range of information about support, resources, and services for families in Morris and Sussex Counties. You can find specific recreational activities, health providers, support groups, and events in your area.
- Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus is a guide featuring tips on coping skills, meditation, and school-related issues.
- The New Jersey Children’s Alliance provides informational flyers about Looking Out for Kids During Social Distancing and Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse During the COVID-19 Crisis.
- Use the Stigma-Free COVID-19 Youth Wellness Toolkit to get tips on taking care of your mental health.
Substance Use Disorders
- Learn about the dangers of COVID-19 for those with a substance use disorder.
- Get online Naloxone training.
- Find a peer support or recovery group. This list includes both phone and video options from organizations across New Jersey.
- Call the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Helpline 24/7, 365 days a year: 800-985-5990
NJ State Resources
- Read the COVID-19 Resource Guide, updated weekly. This guide features mental health resources, as well as a list of COVID-19 testing sites, food banks, and more.
- The New Jersey Department of Children and Families provides a COVID-19 Family Fact Sheet with information about healthcare, mortgage/utilities, basic needs, and employment.