A special program on family mental health issues will be held in Mendham Township on Thursday evening, Oct. 3, at the Mendham Township Middle School.
The program, entitled “How Parents Can Support Positive Mental Health in their Children,” is sponsored by the Mendham Township School District and the Mendhams Stigma-Free Task Force.
It is open to all residents of Mendham Borough and Mendham Township, and residents of neighboring towns also are invited to attend.
- Date: Thursday, Oct. 3, at 7 p.m.
- Location: Mendham Township Middle School, 16 Washington Valley Rd, Brookside, NJ 07926
- Speaker: Tracy Klingener, Assistant Director, Self-Help, Advocacy, & Education, with the Mental Health Association of Essex and Morris
- Topic: “How Parents Can Support Positive Mental Health in their Children”
- Sponsored by: Mendhams Stigma-Free Task Force & Mendham Township School District
The Mendham Township Committee and Mendham Borough Council both passed resolutions declaring their municipalities Stigma-Free, with an overriding goal to help eradicate the stigma associated with mental illness and with substance abuse disorders and get people who need help into treatment programs.
As part of the countywide initiative, residents are urged to take the Stigma Free Pledge: https://morriscountystigmafree.org/take-the-pledge/